Center faculty members are committed to producing teachers who
can enhance student learning in their content area with the appropriate
use of instructional technology. Center faculty and graduate fellows
offer technology courses to all teacher education students, many
of which relate technology to relevant content areas. In their
content area pedagogy courses, instructors model use of technology
and provide opportunities for preservice teachers to plan and
implement instruction integrating technology.
Center graduate fellows participate in a variety of multidisciplinary
experiences that prepare them to accept professional leadership
roles in teacher preparation programs and K-12 schools. Opportunities
including the following:
- Take common, specialized courses related to technology and
- Collaborate with faculty and doctoral students at partner
- Conduct professional development workshops for inservice teachers.
- Co-author articles with faculty and other doctoral students.
- Design and field test emerging technologies.
- Teach or co-teach teacher education courses.
- Present at local, state, and national conferences.
- Participate in national technology initiatives.